Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Gifts, Pondering my choices in life...

My lovely mother got me an ENTIRE B60 KEURIG COFFEE SET, PLUS A KEURIG CAROUSEL. (Not to mention tons of coffee cups to go with it.) My mother's boyfriend got me a P.F. Chang's $25.00 gift card, yummmieee! And, my best friend Christina got me a $25.00 Bonefish Grill gift card! My little cousin got me an adorable pair of slippers and a nice sweater-shirt. I was dieing to get a pencil pinstripe skrit to go with the top and my lovely boyfriend Matthew decided to buy me the few items I was panting over on Torrid.com. The items come today! It's a floral dress (black), high-heel knee-high boots, a pencil-skirt pinstripe style, and skinny jeans. I am super excited! This was one of the best Christmas's ever.

Besides what I listed above I also got: Ferngully on DVD, Kitten Journals (3-set), gluten-free cookies, hamburger mix, and Chebe pizza mix (omg yum), a purse, a martini set, and leopard TY from my aunt. My boyfriend got me an Army t-shirt and the two items that I picked out during Thanksgiving with his mom which was a chinese bistro set and a scarf. When we went to Christmas Town at Busch Gardens he bought me a beautiful (real) pearl ring.

I really missed Matthew this Christmas and was thankful to have a snow-day with him yesterday. We went to Waffle House for breakfast and then to the bowling alley for three games.

Now that Christmas is over I am trying to plan for my New Year's eve party this friday and for my EMT test on Thursday. I am very nervous about the test as it was rescheduled last time due to snow, and it really would have been nice if it hadn't been. I've been pondering if it was the right time for me to take this class but I suppose it was. Next semester I will be way too busy to take an EMT class plus all my college courses.

So, I was thinking last night of how long it is taking me to get my education. But, I remembered that not everyone is fortunate to have scholarships and a ton of financial support from home. I just truly wish I had better luck when it came to education. Sometimes I feel like an idiot for not having my education completed. But, I plan on getting a degree. I don't care if it is in general or not. I just wish I had the opportunity when I was 19 to live on campus and experience that lifestyle. But, now I have four cats and a lovely boyfriend, I would be too afraid to give up this lifestyle and freedom for a college dorm. Instead I have found other ways to make friendships through EMT'n or college or the Virginia Defense Force.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...