Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A bit belated, 2011 Goals

I've always been the Disney Princess follower. The Little Mermaid was my favorite for a very long time and so was Beauty and the Beast. I guess it's technically a bad idea to have children grow up watching Disney. It's a great company with some great movies but it sends across the wrong message. If someone told me I'd find my prince charming and be happy, six-seven years ago, I would agree. I would've been like, "Of course I will." Because, that's what Disney has taught me. That there is a happily ever after and you do get your prince charming. I know now this isn't always the case.

Well, I'm not saying Matthew isn't prince charming. I love him to death and it's only been two and a half months together. But, I have to squeeze my faith that a relationship will last. I am a spoiled brat and I am very hard to get along with. Past all of this spoiled-ness that I posess, I am a sweet, tender-hearted girl. I love the Earth, I love the person who has captured my heart, and I love my family. I also love my country and I take pride in everything I do. (EMT-wise, my education, etc.) Since my heart was broken by someone who I truly fell in love with, I find myself distasteful towards love. I shouldn't be this way and my resolution this year is to try hard not to be that way. Matthew doesn't deserve it. And, I certainly am not such a bitter person to put him through it.

My goals in 2011 are:
  1. Lose 25-60 more pounds. The more the merrier!
  2. Remain gluten-free for my better health. No more acid reflux! No more hernia acting up and no more extremely fried foods.
  3. Try to eat more organic. It doesn't have to be labeled organic, it just has to be fresh meat, fresh veggies, fresh fruit (or frozen). No cans! And less processed gf items.
  4. Possibly become engaged to Matthew. I really hope around 10 or so months together, that this is appropriate. Or, perhaps a year together which will be on October 19th, 2011.
  5. Finish two-three full semesters of college and hopefully be about 80% done with my general degree, if not completely finished.
  6. Go on a vacation! I haven't been on a good one in a long time.
  7. Get my finances in check. I would love to pay down some of these bills and debts that I owe.
  8. Keep my cats active and healthy.
  9. Support Matthew (emtoionally) and his career
  10. Learn some new things.
  11. And lastly, live life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...