Wednesday, January 12, 2011

GF Lunch Idea: Leftover Chicken with a Salad

This was my dinner last night. I kept the chicken plain because I had a ton of it leftover. So, my lunch today is the leftover plain chicken with hot sauce to dip it in and a salad with motzarella cheese and a diet ginger ale. Leftovers are great for a GF diet because that means I don't have to cook twice. I am also having some grapes and a yogurt. For breakfast I had a banana and a few pieces of chocolate and some coffee. I wasn't feeling up to a big breakfast.

To make some super delicious gluten-free chicken tenders like above, cut boneless chicken breast into strips and dip them into egg. Dip the egg-covered chicken into a corn starch/gf flour blend mix (1/4 cup corn starch, 1/4 cup gf flour blend) and then deep fry it at 375 degrees. I have a cheap $10.00 Fry Daddy and it works wonders. Its great for making the egg drop soup too because it cooks the egg fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...